Senior R&D Engineer in the Application Laboratory
We are looking for an experienced Senior R&D Engineer to join our Application Laboratory team and develop with us the innovative technology of printing transparent XTPL lines.
The Senior R&D Engineer will have a very good understanding of the innovative XTPL printing process and, in cooperation with the whole technology team, will effectively define the directions of its development and propose improvement methods. With his interdisciplinary knowledge and experience, the Senior R&D Engineer will produce samples of printed additive features through ultra-precise deposition of the nanoink developed by the XTPL Nanoinks and Nanomaterials Laboratory.
The Senior R&D Engineer will leverage their communication skills for effective knowledge-sharing and development of superior print quality. As a member of the XTPL team, will play a key role in the development of our unique technology.
- Development, testing, optimization and implementation of new solutions to technological problems related to precision printing
- Producing print samples for internal and external needs, and their characterization
- Proactive participation in designing innovative solutions to technological and application problems
- Active cooperation with the mechatronic, chemical and numerical simulations laboratories, and the software development department in the area of designing solutions related to the adaptation of the devices, modules, functionalities and software used in the application laboratory
- Presenting research results at team and company meetings; preparing, on an occasional basis, technological articles (blogs, industry articles) and participating in industry conferences
- Providing expert and organizational support to project teams
- Possible independent management of research projects
- Cooperating with external research centers.
- Sound education in the field of nanotechnology or optics, physics, mechanics, programming, electronics or materials science
- A minimum of 3 years of R&D experience in nanotechnology or a related field, or 2 years of post-PhD professional experience
- Ability to make and experimentally test research hypotheses
- High level of independence in proposing solutions to research problems, planning and execution
- Ability to prepare concise results documentation, draw conclusions and recommend directions for technological activities
- Advanced knowledge of English
- Interest in various concepts and ideas, flexibility and constructive attitude towards change and unconventional solutions
- Strong teamwork skills, friendliness and communication skills
- Accountability for results – their consistency, quality and efficiency.
- PhD degree
- International experience
- Basic ability to work with project management tools (Asana/Trello/Monday/Wrike or similar)
- Basic programming skills in C/C ++ and/or Python.