Herbert Wirth appointed new member of the Supervisory Board of XTPL S.A.
- On 9 January 2020, XTPL shareholders appointed Prof. Herbert Wirth, the former CEO of KGHM Polska Miedź S.A., to the company’s Supervisory Board.
- Wirth has significant experience in business development on global markets and unique competences as well as network of contacts which will strategically strengthen the company’s business activities, especially in the Chinese market.
- Sebastian Młodziński, the co-founder of XTPL, stepped down as a member of the Supervisory Board. His decision was motivated by the need to get fully involved in new business challenges.
- Młodziński has declared his continued support for the company and intention to remain its shareholder.
– Professor Herbert Wirth’s appointment to the XTPL Supervisory Board is a strategic strengthening of the company’s international competences which help us effectively build its global character. Professor Wirth is an experienced manager who has run truly global projects. He also has expertise in research and development. These are his considerable assets which are bound to contribute to further building of the XTPL’s value – Filip Granek, the CEO of XTPL S.A., said.
Professor Herbert Wirth, BEng, PhD, DSc was the CEO of KGHM Polska Miedź S.A. in the years 2009–2016. During this period, the company increased its sales by more than 50 percent (from PLN 12.1 billion to PLN 19 billion).
Wirth has a long-standing experience in managing the global company operating on several continents. He was instrumental to developing the company’s international operations. Currently he is a lecturer at the Wrocław University of Technology. He is a member of the Polish Academy of Sciences and the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences.
– Appreciating the immense potential inherent in the unique technology developed by XTPL, I was happy to take on this new role. I will support the Management Board in the commercialization of projects, especially in Asian markets. I am positive that the solutions developed by the company will help global manufacturers meet their technological challenges. The unparalleled precision of printing, its scalability and alignment of this technological solution with the key megatrends in the electronics market are indisputable competitive advantages that in my opinion will be fundamental to the success of XTPL in the world – Herbert Wirth said.
At the same time, on 9 January 2020, Sebastian Młodziński, the co-founder of XTPL, tendered his resignation from the Supervisory Board. Młodziński has declared his continued support for the company and intention to remain its shareholder.
– New business challenges require full commitment from me. For this reason, I have made the difficult decision to step down as a member of the XTPL Supervisory Board. This does not affect my conviction that the company will achieve global commercial success. I support the whole team and will provide them with my assistance as much as possible. My faith in the company is also demonstrated by the fact that I intend to continue to be its shareholder. I am confident that XTPL, the firm which I co-created, has huge potential and will bring significant profit to investors in the long term – Sebastian Młodziński, the current CEO of Timate, says.
In 2015–2017, Młodziński served as the CEO and a Management Board member at XTPL, developing the company together with Filip Granek, the existing CEO, ever since its formation.
– We are grateful to Sebastian Młodziński for the fruitful years of close cooperation and development of the firm. We wish him every success in the new business challenges. At the same time, we are very pleased about Professor Wirth’s decision to join our Supervisory Board. He will help bring XTPL to the next level and support the company’s effective functioning on international markets – Filip Granek added.